Acne Skin Care Products that Transform your Problem
Ever hear this myth: having acne means inescapable misery. We thought we had to scrub our faces squeaky clean – which further irritated the skin and actually made it worse. Or, we thought acne was just a thing we had to endure while it ran its course, and there was nothing to do but wait it out. Thanks to scientific research, we know a lot more about how and why our skin behaves – or doesn’t – and what to do about it. At Kate Somerville Skin Care, we believe the power of knowledge, and the right acne skin care products, can help you transform problem skin into the beautiful, smooth, and radiant complexion you’ve always dreamed of.
Sensible care for simply beautiful skin includes:
- Stimulation – stimulate blood flow for a naturally healthy glow
- Hydration – from within (drinking lots of water) and without (proper moisturizing) – for a youthful appearance
- Nutrition – regulate skin health at the cellular level for sheer radiance
Effective acne skin care products can help make healthy skin happen!
How Acne Skin Care Products Work
The secret of acne skin care products that work is in their “active ingredients”. But, they don’t all work in the same way. Typically, each one targets a single aspect of repairing problem skin. Here are some common active ingredients used in acne skin care products, and what they do:
- Benzoyl Peroxide – clears dead skin cells and reduces bacteria around sebum-clogged pores, to deter acne lesions. Continuous use, even after skin has cleared, helps prevent future eruptions. The result: visibly clear skin.
- Salicylic Acid – helps exfoliate, unclog pores and prevent breakouts. As with benzoyl peroxide, regular use of acne skin care products containing salicylic acid helps keep pores clear and clean to maintain a luminous, blemish-free complexion.
How to Fight Breakouts with Skin Care Products
Looking your best is easy, when you know how. With the myths and mysteries of acne revealed and answered by modern science, we now have a better understanding of how problem skin works – and how to work with it. Instead of fighting breakouts, prevent them with acne skin care products. Here’s how:
- Be Gentle – use a mild cleanser, gently massaging skin with fingertips (washcloths irritate, and can actually lead to breakouts) to remove surface impurities and stimulate blood flow for a healthy glow
- Be Clear – remove the excess oils and bacteria that cause acne, with acne skin care products such as clarifying toners and lotions
- Be Soft – calm irritated or acne-prone skin with an oil-free moisturizer; and lay the foundation for a silky sheen
- Be Protective – prevent the sun’s damaging effects on exposed skin with sunscreen; when you’ve worked hard to cultivate lovely skin, you want to be sure to protect it!
, be beautiful
, be worry-free
about acne skin. At Kate Somerville Skin Care, we believe that practicing a daily skin care program, using proven to work acne skin care products, can transform your skin into the dare-to-be-bare skin you’ve always wanted. Knowing how to care for your skin is a great first step in knowing how to care for yourself. The right acne skin care products can make a big difference in how you look to others and how you feel about yourself.