ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
Price reduced from
Kate’s Clinic Perfected Super Facial
Kate's clinic Super Facial improves texture and pores in just two minutes at home.
Removes surface dullness, softens fine lines and wrinkles and reveals a smooth, healthy- looking, glowing complexion.
*Clinically proven results based on independent clinical study
We’ve perfected what works, what is safe, and how to formulate active ingredients that deliver transformative results with minimal irritation.
Use AM and PM.
Once or twice a week, apply a thin, even layer to a clean, wet face, massaging in a circular motion for 30 seconds. Leave on for up to 2 minutes. Rinse and gently pat dry. This product may cause the skin to tingle and flush slightly for a short time. For sensitive skin, leave on for less than 1 minute.
"Use ExfoliKate twice a week, morning or night. I like to use it in the shower because the steam helps activate the enzymes for more radiant-looking results."
As Skin Health Experts, we talk to people every day about their top skin concerns and product questions. Here are some of our top FAQs from real customers.
- Can you leave it on for longer than 2 minutes?
- For best results and minimal irritation, we recommend leaving ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment on for no more than 2 minutes. If you have sensitive skin, we recommend leaving on for 1 minute or less depending on skin tolerance.
- Can this be used with other acids or retinol in routine?
- With exfoliants, less is more. We do not recommend combining additional acids on the same day as ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment. Retinol can be paired with this product. To mitigate any dryness, peeling, flaking and redness, we recommend starting slow to allow your skin time to adjust.
- Does this product work for acne-prone skin?
- Yes, this product is an excellent exfoliator which is beneficial for acne-prone skin. While acne is caused by many different things, one commonality of acne-prone skin is clogged pores. ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment helps to exfoliate the top layer of skin to open pores and allow them to be cleared out.
- How much should be used each time?
- A little goes a long way. We recommend starting with a dime size amount, just enough to apply a thin, even layer on the skin. This formula is extremely active, so no need to layer it on thick.
- Should I follow up with a moisturizer right away or wait so that it doesn't clog my pores?
- You can apply your moisturizer directly afterwards. Kate Somerville offers moisturizers with great actives such as Peptides that activate within the pores. So it is actually beneficial to apply your moisturizer right after cleansing/exfoliating.
- Should you use a cleanser before ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment? Or just use ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment right away?
- Cleansing first helps to remove makeup, dirt and surface oil from the skin that could potentially block the exfoliating action of ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment. For optimal results, we recommend cleansing skin first before applying ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment.
- Are the physical exfoliating particles in ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment scratchy on the skin?
- Silica beads offer a noticeable physical exfoliation. They are not as rough on the skin as fruit pits (i.e. apricot pit scrubs), but they are still efficacious.
- Are the exfoliating beads plastic and bad for the environment?
- At Kate Somerville, we have a pledge to help protect our oceans. Because of this and legislation passed by the state of California where we reside, we do not use any microbeads that are made of plastic. The microbeads in our ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment are made of silica which is a natural substance providing physical exfoliation.
- What is the order I should use when using ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment - cleanser, exfoliator, then toner?
- As Skin Health Experts, we recommend the following skincare regimen: 1. Cleanse, 2. Exfoliate, 3. Hydrate, 4. Treat, 5. Moisturize, and of course SPF during the day time. If using a toner, it would come directly after your exfoliation step.